Commercial recycling couldn't be simplier with Boise's
automated no-sort recycling. Just throw your items into a cart or
dumpster and go!
Items accepted: (no sorting)
- Metals: Rinsed soda cans, soup cans, pie pans,
uncoated metal hangers, and empty aerosol cans. Labels may remain
on cans (no pesticide containers).
- Cardboard: Flatten or cut boxes so they fit completely inside
the recycling cart or dumpster.
- Paper: Newspapers, shredded paper (put in a
paper sack and tape or scrunch the top down),
magazines, catalogs, junk mail, white or pastel paper, paper bags,
envelopes, brochures, greeting cards and wrapping paper without
foil, construction paper, and phone books.
- Plastics: Plastic tubs, bottles, and jars with a number of 1-7
on the bottom (maximum size: three gallons). Labels may remain on
containers. Smash or flatten plastics to conserve space.
Items not accepted:
- Glass is not accepted! (See Glass Collection)
- Extruded Polystyrene (commonly
called Styrofoam) is not accepted!
- Hazardous waste (pesticide, herbicide, motor oil, stains, paint
thinners, etc. (See Hazardous Waste)
- Foil-lined or plastic lined items like cookie and chip
- Food boxes or containers that have excessive food residue
- Wood or yard waste
- Milk or juice cartons (waxed or with foil lining)
- Packing peanuts or bubble wrap
- Paper plates, cups, towels, napkins, tissues, diapers or toilet
- Plastic grocery bags, garbage bags, plastic wrap or film
- Plastic utensils
- Plastics labeled "PLA"
- PVC pipes, coupling
- Garden hoses
- Televisions and Monitors