Composting Made Easy
Composting couldn't be easier with Curb It's new curbside composting program. Need some help getting started?
Check out our videos to get the most out of your compost cart.
Keeping Your Cart Clean
Using Your Compost Cart
A few simple steps will keep your new compost cart clean and reduce potential odors
- Set out cart every week (even when it's not full). Regular collection will make sure material doesn't sit in your cart too long.
- Line your cart with newspaper or a piece of cardboard to keep material from sticking to the bottom of your cart.
- Store cart in cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Place kitchen scraps in layers between grass, leaves or other garden material.
- Use paper bags (not plastic) to keep kitchen scraps contained.
- If your cart needs to be cleaned, rinse out your cart with a hose and dump rinse water out on your lawn (not in a storm drain).
- Compost collection is unlimited. Simply fill your cart first, then place any extra materials in paper leaf bags and set out next to your cart for collection.
- Only compost program participants receive year-round leaf collection
- By participating in the compost program, customers receive the lowest rate
- Compost cart is conveniently serviced the same day as your trash
- Finished compost is available free to residents
What Can I Compost?
Yard and garden waste, grass kitchen scraps and much more can be composted.
Get a complete listing by visiting the Accepted Materials page.