Delivery (June - August):
On your normal trash collection day, your compost cart will be delivered. If you made changes to your cart configuration during the March ordering period, cart exchanges/removal will take place at this time. Please note that changes may take an extra day or two, so leave carts out until they are exchanged or removed. | Delivery Schedule
Using your compost cart (video)
- Compost collection is unlimited. Simply fill your cart first, then place extra materials in paper leaf bags and set out next to your cart for collection.
- Only compost program participants receive year-round leaf collection
- By participating in the compost program, customers receive the lowest rate
- Compost cart is conveniently serviced the same day as your trash
- Finished compost is available free to residents
A few simple steps will keep your new compost cart clean and reduce potential odors
- Set out cart every week (even when it's not full). Regular collection will make sure material doesn't sit in your cart too long.
- Line your cart with newspaper or a piece of cardboard to keep material from sticking to the bottom of your cart.
- Store cart in cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Place kitchen scraps in layers between grass, leaves or other garden material.
- Use paper bags (not plastic) to keep kitchen scraps contained.
- If your cart needs to be cleaned, rinse out your cart with a hose and dump rinse water out on your lawn (not in a storm drain).
Keeping your Cart Clean (video)