Residential Glass Service
Every household that subscribes to the curbside glass collection
program is provided with a 65-gallon gray cart. The following
guidelines will ensure that glass placed at the curb can be
collected safely. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in
the driver refusing to collect the cart.
Glass Collection Guidelines
- Set out the cart by 7:00 am and place the cart at least three
feet away from other carts.
- All glass must be placed inside the glass cart AND the lid must
close. Do not overfill the cart. Overfilled carts will spill glass
into the street when the cart is emptied into the truck.
- Only empty glass bottles and jars will be collected. Discard
lids, caps, and corks and lightly rinse the container. Broken
bottles and jars are okay.
- Do not place trash or non-glass recyclables in the "Glass Only"
- No mirrors, windows, Pyrex, dishes, fish tanks, light bulbs, or
ceramics are accepted.
- Extra glass may be taken to any of the glass
collection sites located around Boise.