- Residential solid waste service is mandatory in the City of
- Trash will continue to be collected weekly
- Discounts are available for qualified low-income households
- Bills are mailed every other month
- Call Boise City Utility Billing at (208) 384-3735 to begin service,
sign up for discounts, or inquire about your bill
- All trash must be placed in a cart provided by the City
- Bags of trash left at the curb will not be accepted unless
placed inside of your cart
- Yard waste must go in trash carts or be composted at home
- Trash cart lids must be closed and trash contained inside the
- Do not pack the carts so tightly that trash becomes stuck and
will not empty
- Do not place hot ashes into the cart or set cart near sources
of heat (furnace, fireplace, grill)
- Needles, sharps, and syringes must be placed inside a hard
plastic or metal container for disposal in your trash cart. See Sharps
Disposal for more information.
- Do not place hazardous waste in your trash or recycling cart
(See the hazardous waste section for
more information on proper disposal of hazardous waste)
- Bundles of limbs and branches must have an Overflow
Sticker, be cut to no longer than 4 feet, and be tied in
bundles weighing less than 60 lbs.
Your carts cannot be picked up if they exceed the following
- 95-gallon cart: 335 lbs.
- 65-gallon cart: 200 lbs.
- 48-gallon cart: 168 lbs.
NOTE: Loading carts with sod, rocks, or
bricks can overload the cart and cause damage.
- Set carts out by 7:00 am, remove from street within 24
- Placed wheeled cart against the curb or along the
alley with the handle pointing towards your residence
- Do no block the sidewalk with carts
- Keep carts at least three feet away from other carts, mailboxes, fire
hydrants, low hanging trees or shrubs, parked cars, or utility
poles so trucks can easily access the cart
Each year, the City offers two weeks of overflow trash
collection service. This allows residents to dispose of larger
amounts of waste typically generated during the winter holidays and
spring cleanup. Residents can set out extra trash but all
waste must be in wheeled carts or 20- to 32- gallon trash cans.
No Overflow Stickers are needed.