Each year, the City offers overflow trash collection service after the Christmas holiday and in the spring. This allows residents to dispose of larger amounts of waste typically generated during the winter holidays and spring cleanup. Residents can set out extra trash but all trash must be in wheeled carts, 20- to 32-gallon trash cans, or paper leaf bags (yard waste only, e.g. leaves, garden scraps). No overflow stickers are needed.
- Spring Cleanup: March 27 - April 7, 2017
- Holiday Cleanup: December 26 - December 30, 2017
To help residents get the most out the cleanup week, Republic Services and Boise City offer the following tips:
- Make sure your trash and recycling are out by 7:00 a.m. on your regular service day.
- Extra trash must be in 20-32 gallon trash cans.
- Yard wastes must be in 20-32 gallon trash cans or paper leaf bags. Bags will go directly to the landfill for disposal.
- Bundle tree/shrub branches into 4-foot lengths. No overflow sticker is needed.
- All extra cans, leaf bags, and bundled branches must weigh less than 60 pounds each.
- Large items such as appliances and furniture can be collected by calling Republic Services at (208) 345-1266 to schedule a free pickup.
- Televisions, computer monitors, and batteries must be taken to a household hazardous waste mobile collection site.
- If Residential Cleanup Week falls on your normal recycling week, remember, recycling is always unlimited-no "overflow stickers" required! Set extra recycling out in containers labeled "Recycling" or order a second recycling cart.