Each year, the City offers overflow trash collection service
after the Christmas holiday and in the spring. This allows
residents to dispose of larger amounts of waste typically generated
during the winter holidays and spring cleanup. Residents can set
out extra trash but all trash must be in wheeled carts, 20- to
32-gallon trash cans, or paper leaf bags (yard waste only, e.g.
leaves, garden scraps). No overflow stickers are needed.
2013 Cleanup Weeks:
- Spring Cleanup: April 1 - April 12, 2013
- Holiday Cleanup: December 30, 2013 - January 4, 2014
To help residents get the most out the cleanup week, Republic
Services and Boise City offer the following tips:
- Make sure your trash and recycling are out by 7:00 a.m. on your
regular service day.
- Extra trash must be in 20-32 gallon trash cans.
- Yard wastes must be in 20-32 gallon trash cans or paper leaf
bags. Bags will go directly to the landfill for disposal.
- Bundle tree/shrub branches into 4-foot lengths. No
overflow sticker is needed.
- All extra cans, leaf bags, and bundled branches must weigh less
than 60 pounds each.
- Large items such as appliances and furniture can be collected
by calling Allied Waste at 345-1266 to schedule a free pickup.
- Televisions, computer monitors, and batteries must be taken to
hazardous waste mobile collection site.
- If Residential Cleanup Week falls on your normal recycling
week, remember, recycling is always unlimited-no "overflow
stickers" required! Set extra recycling out in containers labeled
"Recycling" or order a second recycling cart.