Residents can drop off unwanted medications and outdated prescriptions at designated drop-off locations for free and safe disposal. By participating in this program, residents will protect the Boise River's water quality and reduce the potential for medication mistakes and misuse in our community.
- Accepted medications can be dropped off at any location during business hours.
- Medications may be bagged.
- Liquid must remain in original containers and containers must be sealed in a plastic bag to prevent spills. Do not pour liquids into the collection bin or into a plastic bag.
- Medications must fit into the drop chute. If the container is too large, please ask at the counter for assistance.
Items Not Accepted
- Business or medical office medications (e.g. veterinary offices, assisted/long-term care facilities, doctor offices)
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Needles, sharps (lancets) or syringes (see Sharps Disposal)
- Aerosol cans
- Hair care products or cosmetics
- Urine or feces contaminated items
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Hydrogen peroxide
- IV bags or catheters
- Bodily fluids of any kind
- Empty pill containers (can be placed in your recycling cart)
- Illicit drugs