What can I compost? | Accepted Materials Chart
- Leaves, branches, limbs, tree stumps
- Grass clippings
- Fruits and vegetables
- Yard and garden cleanup
- Coffee grounds and filters
- Tea bags
- Pine cones and needles
Some weeks I have more compostable material than will fit in my cart, what should I do?
Compost collection is unlimited. Simply fill your cart first, then place any extra materials in paper leaf bags and set out next to your cart for collection. Place bags at the curb and not on the sidewalk where they can block pedestrian access.
Can I use compostable plastic bags?
No. It is difficult for the collection crew to be able to tell if a bag is compostable when they collect the materials.
For kitchen scraps, use a paper bag or wrap scraps in newspaper when you put them in your cart.
Can I compost large tree stumps and limbs and wood waste?
Yes. Put stumps and limbs in your cart if they fit. If your cart is full, you can set out large stumps and limbs (up to 4 feet in length and less than 60 pounds) beside your cart and they will be collected. Bundle limbs and tie with cotton string only. (Materials such as nylon string or duct tape are not compostable). Untreated, unpainted, non-pressure treated wood and sawdust are also collected.
What should I do with my Christmas tree?
- Remove all decorations, tinsel, lights and tree stand.
- Set out your compost cart and tree on your scheduled collection day.
- The tree must easily fit inside the cart so the cart will empty completely when unloaded into the compost collection truck.
- If the tree is too large or taller than 4 feet, it must be cut into 4-foot length (or shorter) sections that weigh less than 60 pounds and placed next to the compost cart. The compost cart must be available so the driver can put the tree sections into the cart, then empty the cart into the truck.
- Flocked trees and wreaths will not be collected for compost; they will be collected as trash. If the flocked tree is too large or taller than 4 feet, it must be cut into 4-foot length (or shorter) sections that weigh less than 60 pounds and placed next to the trash cart. The trash cart must be available so the driver can put the tree sections into the cart, then empty the cart into the trash collection truck.
Fall Leaf Collection
What do I need to know about fall leaf collection?
With the compost collection program, participating customers can set out unlimited amounts of leaves year-round for weekly pickup. Fill the compost cart first, then set out up to 10 paper leaf bags per week for collection. No plastic bags will be collected. No overflow stickers needed.
Why only 10 bags per week?
To help ensure we can pick up everyone’s leaf bags in a timely manner, we’re asking customers to set out no more than 10 leaf bags per week.
Do I need to leave my cart on the curb after it’s been serviced if there are still leaf bags on the curb?
No. Once your compost cart has been emptied, and if you still have some leaf bags remaining at the curb, feel free to take your cart inside.
Will the same truck that services my compost cart also pick up all my leaf bags?
Possibly. The truck that collects your compost cart will also collect up to three leaf bags at the same time. If you have 4-10 bags, there will be another truck that will come by within a day to collect additional bags.
Is finished compost available to customers?
Finished compost is available at no additional cost to participating customers. The remaining compost may be used at city-owned facilities (e.g. parks, golf courses) or wholesaled, with revenue rolled back into the program.
When is it available?
Compost pick-up is available at Idaho Botanical Garden from Monday - Sunday, normal business hours – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Compost pick-up is self-serve. | CHECK AVAILABILITY
Where is the compost produced?
The compost is locally produced at the compost facility located on a designated area of the City of Boise's Twenty Mile South Farm.
What if my compost cart didn't get collected?
Republic Services is responsible for trash, recycling and compost collection in Boise. If you set your materials out on time and service was missed, call 208-345-1266.
For general questions, use our contact form.