Thank you Boise for recycling! With over 97% participation rate, it's clear Boise residents feel it is important to keep materials out of the landfill. It's also important to keep hard-to-recycle materials out of the recycling cart so our rates continue to be the lowest in the region.
Did you know that roughly 400 tons of material sent to the recycling facility every month gets hauled to the landfill because it isn't recyclable?
If you’re not sure something can be recycled, check our Accepted Materials page. Tossing items that are not recyclable can do more harm than good, increasing cost and labor for sorting facilities to remove the unwanted materials and send them to the landfill.
- Recycling collection is unlimited. Fill your recycling cart, then fill a sturdy container (such as a cardboard box) with recyclables, label it "Recycling" and place near your blue cart.
- Set carts out by 7:00 a.m., remove from street within 24 hours.
- Place wheeled cart against the curb or along the alley with the handle pointing towards your residence; do no block the sidewalk with carts.
- Keep carts at least three feet away from other carts, mailboxes, fire hydrants, low hanging trees or shrubs, parked cars, or utility poles so trucks can easily access the cart.
- Do not place hazardous waste in your trash or recycling cart. See Household Hazardous Waste for more information.
Collection Day Schedule
Recycling is collected every other week on your designated trash day. To determine your collection day, visit Republic Service's collection day map.
Collection is delayed by one day for the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
If the holiday is observed on a weekend, no changes will occur with the collection schedule.