Important Changes to Collection
EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, commercial customers will no longer be allowed to throw bagged recyclables into carts and dumpsters. All materials must be loose. Plastic bags cause problems at the recycling facility by getting caught in the sorting lines.
- Contact the City of Boise’s recycling team for a phone review of your business and how you can get the most out of recycling. Send an email or call 208-608-7136.
- Call Republic Services Customer Service at 208-345-1266 to find out collection day(s) in your area. See the rate schedule for container and collection frequency options.
- Plastics: Detergent/milk jugs, soft drink and juice bottles.
- Aluminum & steel (tin): Soft drink cans, soup cans, pie pans, foil, and empty aerosol cans (no pesticide containers).
- Corrugated cardboard: Must fit completely inside the recycling cart. Flatten, if necessary.
- Paper: Newspapers, magazines, catalogs and paperboard (e.g. tissue and cereal boxes) and office paper (e.g. envelopes, copy paper, post it notes, scrap paper).
Items Not Accepted
- Plastic bags and films (grocery bags, trash bags, shrink wrap, bubble wrap,etc.)
- Water bottles
- Glass (See Glass Collection)
- Foam materials (including packing peanuts, foam cups/plates)
- Hazardous waste or electronics
Commercial recycling collection is delayed by one day for the following holidays.
If the holiday is observed on a weekend, no changes will occur with the collection schedule.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day