Important Changes to Collection
EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, commercial customers will no longer be allowed to throw bagged recyclables into carts and dumpsters. All materials must be loose. Plastic bags cause problems at the recycling facility by getting caught in the sorting lines.
- Corrugated cardboard: Must fit completely inside the recycling cart. Flatten, if necessary.
- Paper: Newspapers, magazines, catalogs and paperboard (e.g. tissue and cereal boxes) and office paper (e.g. envelopes, copy paper, post it notes, scrap paper).
- Aluminum & steel (tin): Soft drink cans, soup cans, pie pans, foil, and empty aerosol cans (no pesticide containers).
- Plastics: Bottles, jugs and jars that are marked with a #1 or #2 (examples include empty soda and juice bottles, milk jugs and detergent jugs).
Items Not Accepted
- Plastic bags and films (grocery bags, trash bags, shrink wrap, bubble wrap,etc.)
- Water bottles
- Glass (See Glass Collection)
- Foam materials (including packing peanuts, foam cups/plates)
- Hazardous waste or electronics
Commercial recycling collection is delayed by one day for the following holidays.
If the holiday is observed on a weekend, no changes will occur with the collection schedule.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day