Skip to main content

Inside Cart

  • Aluminum & steel (tin): Soda cans, soup cans, pie pans, foil, and empty aerosol cans.
  • Corrugated cardboard: Must fit completely inside the recycling cart.
  • Paper: Newspapers, shredded paper (put in a paper sack and fold the top down), magazines, catalogs, office paper, paper bags, non-foil wrapping paper, and phone books.
  • Plastics: : Household plastic containers with a number of 1-7 on the bottom (maximum size: three gallons). Labels may remain on containers. Smash or flatten plastics.

Outside cart

Used motor oil: Recycle up to two gallons per household per week.

  • Set out a non-returnable, transparent plastic container next to your trash cart.
    • Label container "Used Motor Oil".
    • Avoid mixing oil with other fluids (gasoline, antifreeze, water). The oil becomes contaminated and cannot be recycled.
Recycling Cart with Overflow recycling


Items not accepted

  • Glass (See Glass Collection)
  • Styrofoam
  • Paper plates, cups, towels, napkins, tissues, or toilet paper
  • Plastic grocery bags, garbage bags, plastic wrap
  • Hazardous waste or electronics (See HHW Accepted Materials)
  • Plastic utensils
  • Disposable diapers
  • Paper food bags with foil liners
  • Food boxes or containers with excessive food residue
  • Milk or juice cartons
  • Packing peanuts or bubble wrap