- Aluminum & steel (tin): Soda cans, soup cans, pie pans, foil, and empty aerosol cans.
- Corrugated cardboard: Must fit completely inside the recycling cart.
- Paper: Newspapers, shredded paper (put in a paper sack and fold the top down), magazines, catalogs, office paper, paper bags, non-foil wrapping paper, and phone books.
- Plastics: : Household plastic containers with a number of 1-7 on the bottom (maximum size: three gallons). Labels may remain on containers. Smash or flatten plastics.
Used motor oil: Recycle up to two gallons per household per week.
- Set out a non-returnable, transparent plastic container next to your trash cart.
- Label container "Used Motor Oil".
- Avoid mixing oil with other fluids (gasoline, antifreeze, water). The oil becomes contaminated and cannot be recycled.
Items not accepted
- Glass (See Glass Collection)
- Paper plates, cups, towels, napkins, tissues, or toilet paper
- Plastic grocery bags, garbage bags, plastic wrap
- Hazardous waste or electronics (See HHW Accepted Materials)
- Plastic utensils
- Disposable diapers
- Paper food bags with foil liners
- Food boxes or containers with excessive food residue
- Milk or juice cartons
- Packing peanuts or bubble wrap